Lets face it, a speeding ticket can happen to anyone at any time. Whether it's on an everyday commute to work, or if it's on a long distance road trip, police could be hiding anywhere. But what if you could prevent one, two or more speeding tickets? That's where one of the best radar detectors comes in handy. A radar detector is a tool used to notify drivers of a police officer who is using radar or laser equipment. It will sound an alarm to slow down, preventing you from getting a ticket for exceeding the speed limit. A worthy investment, it only takes one prevented ticket to pay itself off. But, even though it may be a very useful tool, we don't condone speeding anywhere or anytime. But a top reviewed radar detector may prevent the hassle of a ticket.
Here's a list of the top rated radar detectors of 2018 to help you find the best products for your car. Click a detector to go to the full review, or just scroll down to view all of the reviews:
Best Radar Detectors | Top 5
How We Tested
We've combined reviews across the industry with first-hand tests to compile a list of our top rated detectors. There are many criteria that we consider when rating and reviewing each radar detector, including:
- False Alarms - Having a radar detector that detects false k or ka band signals can get annoying, especially on a long road trip. You'll need a detector that you can be confident in when it does sound an alarm.
- Speed Reader Types - There are many types of bands and methods that are used to read your speed. The more bands that the radar detector can detect, the better it can protect you.
- Consumer Reviews - What do people like and hate about these radar detectors. First-hand feedback is key when searching for the best of any product.
- Price - C'mon, we all know this is a huge factor in the decision process.
- First-Hand Testing - We've tested many radar detectors ourselves and have noted their flaws and successes.
- Features & User Friendliness - Buttons, lights, alarms, smartphone integration, etc. Small features can make a big difference in the way you use and ultimately identify a police officer or camera that is using a speed-reader.
The result from our combination of sources and testing is a list of the top rated and reviewed radar detectors. And in addition to our compilation of products, we provide price comparisons from vendors to try to get you the best price for all of your products. Take a look through and find the detector that fits your needs.