Rockford's Fosgate T1S2-10 is a slim subwoofer. With a top-mount depth of only 3″ it's one of the slimmest on the market. The editors at CarAudioNow have even rated it among their best shallow subwoofers on the market for over 2 years now. It's one of the top contenders on the market and has a ton of features that make it great.
For one, it has a super rigid and durable carbon fiber/PMI/glass fiber cone with an aluminum dustcap. These shallow subwoofers are put under extreme load given the spaces they're tucked into and an ultra reliable and rigid cone is necessary to make it as efficient as possible and not warp or distort during heavy load periods. It has Rockford's Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) as well, which increases the overall surface area of the cone to improve its frequency response. Another thing to note is its power handling – it can handle up to 500W RMS and 1000W peak so you'll want to match this sub up with a powerful subwoofer amplifier to really get the most out of it.
- 10″ 2-ohm component shallow subwoofer
- carbon fiber/PMI/glass fiber cone with aluminum dustcap
- injection molded foam surround
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) increases cone area
- patent-pending motor technology
- handles up to 500 watts RMS (1000 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 83 dB
- top mount depth: 3″
- ported box volume: 1.25 cubic feet