Last updated on April 15th, 2021 at 02:12 pm
To the folks here at CarAudioNow, Pioneer has truly become synonymous with a quality car stereo. They've been a leading manufacture of automotive and marine audio equipment for decades now and their products today are an accumulation of the technologies and patents they've built out in the 60-70+ years of developing speakers and other electronics.
The TS-A6963E is a great option from a great brand. It's perfect for those who are looking to upgrade their factory 6×9 speakers, but it's also built to support an amplified system. It features a power handling of 40W RMS and 270W peak per speaker, with a carbon graphite IMPP interlaced aramid and basalt fiber cone woofer (lots of words). This basically means it's built to withstand the heavy loads you may throw at it without distorting. A butyl rubber surround provides the speaker with longevity and durability and resistance from the elements.
- 6″ x 9″ Pioneer 3-way Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 540 watts per pair / 270 watts each
- RMS: 80 watts per pair / 40 watts each
- Carbon graphite IMPP interlaced aramid and basalt fiber cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- 5/8″ PEI Silver film dome tweeter
- 2-1/4″ PEI Silver film dome midrange
- Frequency response: 28-28,000 Hz
- Top-mount depth: 2-7/8″