4 ohms: 60 watts x 2 chan. + 100 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan. + 150 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 60 watts x 2 chan. + 300 watts x 1 chan.
Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 04:12 am
The Kenwood Excelon X450-4 4 channel car amplifier is a unique, but versatile amp. Apart from its one-of-a-kind look, this model offers two different power outputs for the 4 channels (grouped into two). So picture this amp as two separate 2 channel amps on one frame. One amplifier has an output of 60 watts x 2 channels RMS, and the other has an output of 100 watts x 2 channels RMS. This allows for several different configurations of speakers and even subwoofers. Some examples of some possible system setups:
- Run two front speakers with 60 watts RMS each and two rear speakers with 100 watts RMS each
- Run two front speakers with 60 watts RMS each and a larger subwoofer with bridged 300 watts RMS
- Run a set of component speakers in the front with 100 watts RMS and two rear speakers with 60 watts RMS each
The combination possibilities are endless with the Kenwood Excelon X450-4. To top it all off, this amp has a high-tech thermal cooling system that includes automatic temperature sensors with an internal fan to keep it running cool, efficient, and distortion free.
Kenwood Excelon X450-4 Features:
- RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 60 watts x 2 chan
- RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan
- Bridged RMS Power: 300 watts x 1 chan
- Amplifier: Class AB
- Number of Channels: 4
- Maximum Input Gauge Size: 4 AWG
- THD at Rated RMS Power: 1%
- Preamp Output: No
- Speaker Level Input: No
- Built-in Crossovers: Low-pass (LP), High-pass (HP)
- High-Pass Crossover Frequency: 50 – 200 Hz
- Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: 50 – 200 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB
- Bass Boost: 0 – 12 dB
- Bass/Gain Remote: No
- Fuse Rating: 40A x 2
- Fan Cooled: Yes
- CEA-2006 Compliant: Yes