Alpine's R-W12D4 was built for volume – it's loud. It can handle a ton of power – up to 750W RMS. But what's really notable about the R-Series is that they maintain their clarity even under higher loads and power. They've always been able to provide a punch without sounding muddy or distorted.
The R-W12D4 has some great features too. It is a 12 inch dual 4 ohm sub that's made with a Kevlar treated pulp cone. Kevlar, as you may know, is an incredibly resilient and strong material that's used in bulletproof vests. It gives the subwoofer its strength to operate at high power without warping, which causes distortion. Common to many other subwoofers (for a reason), it also features a Santoprene surround that enables it to have a lot of excursion without breaking the surround. Santoprene is also known for its longevity and durability. And just as a note for reference, even though we don't take any meaning of it, this sub has a peak power handling of over 2 thousand watts. 2250W to be exact.
- 12″ Dual 4 ohm Type-R Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 2250 watts
- RMS: 750 watts
- Recommended power range: 300 – 750W RMS
- CTA-2031 compliant power ratings
- Parabolic pulp/kevlar cone
- H.A.M.R. surround
- Polypropylene, mica and talc dust cap
- Reinforced cone neck and spider joint
- Cast aluminum frame with integral shorting sleeve
- 8AWG push terminals with VC configuration jumpers
- 2.6″ High excursion overhung voice coil
- 127 oz. Strontium ferrite segmented magnet
- Top-mount depth: 6-3/8″
- Cutout diameter: 10-7/8″
- Frequency Response: 24 – 200Hz
- Sensitivity: 84.3dB
- Resonance Frequency (Fs): 27Hz
There are no reviews yet.