Last updated on July 7th, 2020 at 02:12 am
Rockford Fosgate is well known for their powerful subwoofers. Their infamous ‘Punch' series subwoofers changed the standards of entry-mid level subs in the 2000s. Step it up a notch (and add 15 years) and you get the Power series subwoofer. Heavy duty, HEAVY in general – these subs were engineered to warp windows. They're just beasts, look at them. They're so powerful that they actually made our list of best car subwoofers!
The T1D215 is a dual 2 ohm voice coil 15 inch subwoofer. It's got all of the latest tech from Fosgate. A Kevlar fiber reinforced paper cone (yes the same Kevlar that's used in bulletproof vests) gives these subwoofers incredible durability without being too rigid. An anodized aluminum dust cap behind protects the cone, and it looks nice too.
One of the features we like about the T1D215 is Rockford's VAST technology that allows them to cram a larger cone (up to 25% larger than others) without sacrificing the actual diameter of the woofer. This means a 10″ subwoofer actually might sound a little more like a 12″ subwoofer because the surface area of the cone is larger.
The cast aluminum frame is deep on this sub too, offering tons of room for excursion and limiting the chances of the woofer from bottoming out even at the highest volumes. And if you're looking for flexibility for your setup, the Power series is the way to go. It has a selectable 1 to 4 ohm impedance jumper selector via their SWIFT terminals so you can customize the sub to match any configuration.
- 15″ Dual 2 Ohm Power Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 2000 watts
- RMS: 1000 watts
- Impedance: Dual 2 Ohm
- Kevlar fiber reinforced semi pressed paper cone for stability and durability
- Hard anodized aluminum dust cap
- Optimized motor magnetics with extended vented pole piece and bumped backplate
- IDHS (Inductive Damping Heat Sink) helps radiate heat to reduce the voice coil temperature
- SWIFT terminals for nominal impedance of voice coils to easily be wired in a series or parallel configuration
- Die-cast aluminum basket for strong construction
- Metal mesh grille included for added protection
- Double stacked Ferrite magnet structure
- Removable and reversible screw concealing ring
- 3″ High-temp voice coil with spun-laced Nomex re-inforcement collar
- Mounting Diameter: 13-7/8″
- Mounting Depth: 8-3/8″
- SPL: 88 dB