The Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX is the company’s flagship model as of 2019. It has virtually every feature you could possibly want. Its 7-inch touchscreen display is bright, crisp, responsive and a joy to use. It makes driving in any car a modern-day experience.
Real-Time Traffic Updates: Partnering with Clear Channel Broadcasting's Total Traffic Network, the built-in traffic tuner provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including US and Canada. Check your commute route in advance or re-route to your destination to avoid traffic congestion. There is no subscription cost and no annoying on-screen advertisements.
Variable Color Illumination: You can adjust the color of the on-screen display; choose between red, amber, green, blue or white. The color of the button illumination can be set to red, amber, green, blue, white, or scan (constantly cycling through the color spectrum). You can also create a custom color for the unit's button illumination to match your vehicle's interior lighting (112 colors to choose from).
With a Pioneer NEX in-dash receiver, sound quality features like built-in Auto EQ and Time Alignment, 13-Band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe settings and built-in high/low pass crossover with adjustable points and slopes provide you with the controls to tailor the listening experience to your vehicle and listening preferences. The CD-MC20 microphone is required for Auto EQ features and is sold separately. Your love of high-res audio does not need to stop at the front door. Enjoy FLAC files in your vehicle without the need to convert. Pioneer's NEX in-dash receivers were the first in the industry to offer playback of files encoded as high-res FLAC up to 192kHz/24 bit and provide playback output at CD quality. With Pioneer, your high-res FLAC is no longer confined to your home hi-fi system – put your music on the move.
- DVD/CD receiver with 7″ touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- works with wireless and wired Android Auto
- works with wireless and wired Apple CarPlay
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- remote control
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- AppRadio Mode for easy access to apps on the touchscreen
- AppRadioLIVE integration with select apps
- Siri Eyes Free control with compatible iOS devices
- Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™ for wireless screen-mirroring
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 7.9 million points of interest
- free traffic updates in major metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance
- speed limit warnings
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB drives (see Details for full capabilities)
- plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive
- 13-band graphic EQ with Easy EQ preset equalizer
- Auto EQ with Time Alignment (optional CD-MC20 mic required)
- low- and high-pass filters with adjustable crossover points
- Advanced Sound Retriever enhances compressed digital files
- dual-zone A/V output
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- inputs: HDMI input; dual rear USB inputs; SD card input, 2 rear A/V inputs (mini, RCA); two camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer); audio/video output (RCA + mini)