JL Audio Slash 1200/1v3
CarAudioNow does not sell products. Rather, we earn commissions from adding buying links on this page via our price comparison modules. See our Affiliate Disclosure for more details.
mono subwoofer amplifier
1,200 watts RMS x 1 at 1.5 to 4 ohms
4-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended
Last updated on May 18th, 2019 at 06:12 pm
- JL Audio Slash 1200/1v3 Slash v3 Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating (11V-14.5V):
- 4 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 3 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- 1.5 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan.
- MOSFET power supply
- Remote bass level input (remote level control sold separately)
- LED power indicators
- Tuned Bass EQ (0-15 dB bass boost)
- High-Damping Class D Circuit with discrete control circuitry
- R.I.P.S. – Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply
- “Regulated” means that the power supply adjusts its operation so as to maintain the amplifier's rated power output and low distortion operation over a wide range of vehicle voltages (11V – 14.5V)
- This contrasts with conventional, “unregulated” power supplies, which allow rail voltages to sag in direct proportion to drops in the supply voltage
- The “Intelligent” portion of the R.I.P.S. System is a circuit that actually monitors output current to optimize the amplifier's output power over a wide range of load impedances (1.5 ohm to 4 ohm per channel)
- Bottom Line – Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V
- H-Bridge amplifier topology
- Differential-balanced with RCA jack inputs
- Mono operation
- Preamp RCA outputs
- Input sensitivity:
- Low level: 200mV-2V
- High level: 800mV-8V
- Variable low-pass filter (40-200 Hz, selectable 12 or 24 dB/octave)
- Subsonic Filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
- Frequency response: 5-250 Hz
- Dimensions: 19-3/4″L x 9-1/4″W x 2-3/8″H
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended