Last updated on July 19th, 2019 at 03:11 am
Ten years ago, JL Audio redefined low-frequency reproduction with their masterful, designed-from-scratch W7 subs. Now, the Anniversary Edition W7 Series 10W7AE-3 10″ subwoofer features the latest refinements to this groundbreaking design, highlighted by a satin-black frame, silvery anodized trim ring, and special anniversary logo.
JL Audio has combined six patented technologies help this W7 sub deliver unmatched performance:
- W-Cone™: a dish-shaped outer cone is supported by a second W-shaped inner cone attached to the sub's voice coil structure. This design creates a super-rigid, lightweight cone that responds rapidly for accurate bass without unwanted coloration.
- OverRoll™: an innovative mounting method lets the surround wrap around the outside of the mounting flange. This method allows for more useable cone area than conventional surrounds, so this sub moves more air for deeper lows.
- Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM™): precision engineering aligns the voice coil, and woofer cone for incredibly linear woofer movement, which means you'll hear exceptionally accurate bass.
- Plateau-reinforced spider attachment: a collar on the voice coil eases stress on the spider for extended excursion and improved reliability.
- Elevated frame cooling and cross-drilled pole-piece: cone movement pumps air through vents in the frame and machined holes in the pole piece. Your voice coils stay cooler, even when you're pushing your system.
- 13.5″ subwoofer with dual 1.5-ohm voice coils
- Polypropylene W-Cone with polyester foam surround
- Top-mount depth: 10-1/2″ Sealed box volume: 1.875 cubic feet Ported box volume: 2.375 cubic feet
- Top-mount depth: 10-1/2″
- Sealed box volume: 1.875 cubic feet
- Ported box volume: 2.375 cubic feet