JL Audio 12W7AE-3
12″ Single 3 ohm W7 Series Subwoofer
Massive forced-air-cooled aluminum alloy frame
Highly Linear, DMA-Optimized motor system
Last updated on November 24th, 2020 at 10:12 pm
It was 10 years ago that JL Audio designed the W7 series subwoofer from scratch. The JL Audio 12W7AE-3 12″ car subwoofer celebrates that 10 years with the most innovative and well performing design yet. The new W7s feature several patented technologies that you won't find on any subwoofer other than a JL Audio. These include:
- OverRoll: A feature that allows the surrounding wrap material to wrap around the outside of the mounting ring. It creates more area for the cone to function than traditional surrounds.
- W-Cone: W-Cone is JL's innovative cone design that creates an incredibly rigid yet lightweight cone that is very responsive and precise. There is an outer cone (the visible cone) that is supported by an inner W-shaped cone that is connected to the voice coils.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): This design is what gives the JL sub it's accurate sound. It aligns the voice coil and woofer cone for linear and accurate movement.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: JL Audio designed a system of vents and drilled holes that use the cone movement to cool the frame and subwoofer. This innovative cooling system allows the subwoofer to maintain lower temperatures even at high loads.
- Plateau-Reinforced Spider Attachment: This is a structural innovation that adds a collar to the voice coils to lessen stress and improve reliability.
The 12W7AE-3 subwoofer maintains JL Audio's reputation for high quality products and performance. It is an incredibly innovative subwoofer that will exceed your expectations for clarity, smoothness and level of sound.
JL Audio 12W7AE-3 Features:
- Subwoofer Size: 12″
- Peak Power Handling: 2000 watts
- RMS Power Handling: 1000 watts
- Voice Coil: Single
- Impedance: 3 ohms
- Sensitivity: 86.2 dB
- Main Cone Color: Black
- Woofer Composition: Polypropylene
- Woofer Surround: OverRoll
- Subwoofer Grille: Optional (JL Audio SGR-12W7 sold separately)
- Re-Cone Kit Available: None
- Recommended Enclosure Type: Ported / Vented or Sealed
- Minimum Ported Box Volume: 1.75 cubic feet
- Maximum Ported Box Volume: 1.75 cubic feet
- Minimum Sealed Box Volume: 1.375 cubic feet
- Maximum Sealed Box Volume: 1.375 cubic feet
- Top-Mount Depth: 9-1/2″
- Cutout Diameter: 10-1/2″
- Shallow Mount: No