Last updated on July 31st, 2021 at 07:23 am
Alpine's SWR-8D2 was built for volume – it's loud. It can handle a ton of power – up to 350W RMS. But what's notable about the Type-R is that they maintain their clarity even when they're at incredible volumes. The SWR-8D2 has some great features too. It's a dual 4 ohm sub that's made with a Kevlar treated pulp cone. Kevlar, as you may know, is an incredibly resilient and strong material that's used in bulletproof vests. It gives the subwoofer its strength to operate at high power. Common to many subwoofers (for a reason), it also features a Santoprene surround, specifically a HAMR Santoprene surround, that enables it to have a lot of excursion without breaking the surround. And just as a note for reference, even though we don't take any meaning of it, this sub has a peak power handling of 1000 watts.
- 8″ subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- Kevlar reinforced pulp cone with HAMR Santoprene rubber surround
- frequency response: 30-200 Hz
- power handling: 150-350 watts RMS (175 watts per coil)
- peak power: 1,000 watts
- sensitivity: 83.5 dB
- top-mount depth: 4-1/2″
- sealed box volume: 0.15-0.50 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 0.25-0.70 cu. ft.
- grille not included